ATHENS, Greece (AP) – AEK extended its provisional lead in the Greek league to four points over Olympiakos by beating Giannena 2-1 on Saturday.
AEK could thank a first-half goal by Jose Carlos and a second-half own-goal by veteran defender Tassos Pantos. Another veteran defender, Ilias Kotsios, scored for Giannena, which dominated the second half but could not equalize.
Olympiakos, the defending champion, plays at Kerkyra on Sunday, and has two games in hand. Third-place Panathinaikos, which has played a game less than Olympiakos, plays at Panionios on Sunday.
In other games, Xanthi drew 1-1 with visiting Levadiakos, losing its fifth place to PAOK, which beat visiting fourth-place Atromitos 3-1.
- Olympiakos beats Arsenal 3-1 in Champions league
- Ronaldinho scores as Flamengo moves closer to lead
- Panathinaikos beat PAOK to top Super League
- Coach Tsiolis leaves Greek club Aris
- Panathinaikos reclaim top spot after derby victory