LONDON (Reuters) – The Premier League match between Everton and leaders Manchester City at Goodison Park was halted for around four minutes just before halftime on Tuesday when a male fan handcuffed himself to a goalpost.
Merseyside police eventually freed the man who had attached himself to the goal City were defending.
The police said a 46-year-old man from nearby Southport was arrested for pitch encroachment and was being questioned.
City lost the game 1-0 and are now on the same points as Manchester United who defeated Stoke City 2-0 at Old Trafford.
Both teams have 54 points from 23 games but City lead on goal difference.
- United recover from City defeat with win at Everton
- Ji Whiz! Sunderland sink leaders Man City
- Man City fires blanks for 1st time in title charge
- United join beaten City at Premier League summit
- Man City thrash United 6-1, QPR down Chelsea 1-0