Several Twitter sites claiming to be the real deal sprung up within hours of the moggy’s Lionel Messi-like slalom across the pitch during the first half.
One, @AnfieldCat, had already attracted 17,368 followers early on Tuesday while video footage of the feline’s antics were proving popular on the internet.
Liverpool fans, known for their humour, serenaded the tabby moggy on the night with the chant “A cat, a cat…a cat, a cat, a cat” to the tune of the Kop battle cry “Attack..Attack”
The cat eventually sauntered off and was last seen in the arms of an Anfield steward. – Reuters
- Brazil proposes Internet contest for World Cup mascot
- Suspect in Anfield racial abuse probe out on bail
- Rooney steeled for Anfield boo boys
- Brazil mulls bill allowing alcohol at World Cup venues
- Bayern Munich apologizes for hoax player signing