DHAKA, Bangladesh (AP) – FIFA President Sepp Blatter is in Bangladesh to discuss football with national federation officials.
Blatter arrived in Dhaka on Tuesday from New Delhi as part of his tour of Asia.
FIFA says in a statement that Blatter will have talks with officials from the Bangladesh Football Federation, and is also expected to meet Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina.
Blatter said on Twitter that it’s his first visit to the country since 2006 and that he is “looking forward to see how much progress has been made.”
Blatter is visiting Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutan and India between Tuesday and Friday. He is scheduled to leave Dhaka for Bhutan on Wednesday morning.
The Bangladeshi national team is ranked 157th on the FIFA world rankings.
- Former UEFA president Johansson calls for Blatter to go
- Platini will be a good FIFA president, says Blatter
- India to capitalize on Blatter visit
- Bayern chief assails FIFA president Blatter
- Blatter expected to report progress on corruption battle