BOGOTA, Colombia (AP): Colombian police say one man was shot dead and nine people wounded in knife attacks after fans of Medellin rivals Atletico Nacional and Independiente fought each other and among themselves after a match.
Police reported 315 arrests and confiscated more than 450 knives after Independiente’s 2-1 win over Atletico Nacional on Sunday.
Authorities identified the fatality on Monday as 21-year-old Johan Camilo Restrepo.
Medellin police chief Yesid Vasquez says he was wounded when shot while trying to take a bag from a 17-year-old girl.
Both sets of fans attacked police with clubs and damaged homes and businesses near the stadium.
- Former Colombia coach Gomez gets Medellin job
- Colombia striker Falcao injured, misses W.Cup qualifiers
- 18 arrested in Greek Cup match violence
- Woman in Adriano’s car shot and wounded in Brazil
- Terengganu MB wants quicker police action against volatile fans