By FARIK ZOLKEPLI- StarSport
PETALING JAYA: Terengganu regained their No. 2 spot in the Super League after an exhilarating 6-3 win over Sabah at the Sultan Ismail Stadium in Kuala Terengganu last night.
The handsome win helped the Turtles move a spot above Lions XII, who edged Sarawak 1-0 in Kuching, on goal difference. Both teams are level on points at 20.
Liberian hitman Francis Doe was the toast of Terengganu when he fired a hat-trick in the ninth, 13th and 77th minutes.
Mohd Ashaari Shamsuddin (4th), Abdul Manaf Mamat (42nd) and Joseph Kallang Tie (89th) were also on target for Terengganu.
Sabah replied through Zainizam Marjan (33rd), Brendan Gan (44th) and Mohd Rozaimi Rahman (64th).
Kelantan stayed on top of the league with 23 points after a 2-0 win over Perak 2-0 in Ipoh with goals from Mohd Daudsu Jamaluddin (11th) and Zairul Fitree Ishak (25th).
Selangor prevailed in the Klang Valley derby clash with Kuala Lumpur with a 3-0 win at the National Stadium in Bukit Jalil.
Bosko Balaban (58th), P. Gunalan (62nd) and Amirulhadi Zainal (90th) scored for the Red Giants.
- Terengganu, T-Team and Sabah get nod to play night matches
- Terengganu’s Doe tames the Lions XII in their own den
- Liberian hitman’s solo effort helps Terengganu edge KL
- AFC officials to inspect Terengganu stadium facilities
- Kelantan fired up to stage fightback against Terengganu