BARCELONA, Spain (AP) : Sevilla revived hope of a late-season surge by beating Racing Santander 3-0 thanks to Manu del Moral’s brace in the Spanish league on Thursday.
Spain winger Jesus Navas volleyed in Sevilla’s 34th-minute opener. Manu fired in a second in the 52nd and capped the win in added time.
Racing played the last 10 minutes a man down after Papakouly Diop was sent off with a direct red card for a hard tackle.
Sevilla’s first win in four games left Michel Gonzalez’s side four points from sixth place and Spain’s Europa League positions with 10 games to go.
Racing is four points from safety after its 10th straight match without a victory.
Also, Walter Pandiani’s stoppage-time goal earned Espanyol a 1-1 draw at Real Betis.
- Rayo Vallecano beats Sevilla 2-1 in Spain
- Struggling Racing Santander sack coach Gonzalez
- Villarreal beats Sevilla 2-1 in Spanish league
- Malaga beats Villarreal 2-1 in Spain
- Santander hires Cervera as 3rd coach of season