SYDNEY (AP): Brazilian striker Henrique scored in the 68th minute to clinch the defending A-League-champion Brisbane Roar’s 3-2 win over the Central Coast Mariners on Sunday and a spot in the April 22 grand final.
Brisbane won the first leg at home 2-0 and took the major semifinal 5-2 on aggregate. The Mariners will play the Perth Glory next weekend to determine a grand final opponent for the Roar in Brisbane.
On Saturday, substitute midfielder Todd Howarth scored his first goal of the season 22 minutes into extra time to give Perth a 3-2 win over Wellington Phoenix.
The Roar led 2-0 Sunday on goals by Thomas Broich in the second minute and Mitch Nichols in the 26th. Patrick Zwaanswijk and Adam Kwasnik scored three minutes apart for the Mariners before the half ended.
- Perth Glory wins 3-2 in A-League playoffs
- Roar record A-League unbeaten streak ends
- Indonesian firm buys full stake in Brisbane Roar
- Mariners increase 1st-place lead in A-League
- Central Coast, Brisbane down to wire for 1st place