FRANKFURT, Germany (AP): Borussia Dortmund could already be Bundesliga champion by the time it hosts Borussia Moenchengladbach on Saturday.
Dortmund plays the late match and if Bayern Munich fails to win earlier at Werder Bremen, Dortmund will be assured of its second consecutive championship before it kicks off at home. Juergen Klopp’s team is eight points ahead of Bayern with three matches to play.
Bayern is likely to be looking more to next week’s return leg of the Champions League semifinals against Real Madrid than worry about a match in the Bundesliga, where its title hopes are theoretical.
- Dortmund faces Stuttgart in Bundesliga
- Bayern Munich’s Bundesliga title hopes fading fast
- Japan winger fires Borussia Dortmund eight points clear
- Bayern and Dortmund in war of words after Reus transfer
- “Greedy” Dortmund on verge of Bundesliga title