MUNICH (AP) – Striker Mario Gomez says Bayern Munich will play to win at Real Madrid despite seven players being under threat of suspension for the final should Bayern advance.
Gomez says his team-mates will not hold back although some of them may miss the final in their own stadium if they pick up another booking. Bayern holds a 2-1 advantage ahead of Wednesday’s return leg in Madrid.
The Germany striker says “yellow cards should not play a role, everyone will give his best.”
Seven Bayern players have yellow cards and another booking would rule them out of the final.
- Bayern’s Gomez extends contract to 2016
- Gomez’ late goal leads Bayern past Real 2-1
- Gomez hat-trick puts Bayern on brink of knockout stage
- Gomez scores four as Bayern humble Basel
- Gomez sparks seven-goal Bayern as Dortmund held