BARCELONA, Spain (AP) – Pep Guardiola says he will weigh up in coming days whether to continue as coach at Barcelona after a 2-2 draw against Chelsea kept the Champions League holders out of the final.
Guardiola says “I will decide if I continue or not” after discussing the situation with assistant Tito Vilanova and president Sandro Rosell.
He said it was the moment to “take a decision because it’s evident that it’s time to.”
Guardiola has guided Barcelona to 13 trophies in 16 competitions and has helped the Catalan club in May’s Copa del Rey final.
But the team’s exit from the Champions League coincides with a loss to Real Madrid that left it unlikely of winning a fourth straight Spanish league title.
- Guardiola nostalgic for playing days before “Clasico”
- Guardiola’s Barca on chase of Mourinho’s Madrid
- Guardiola, Pique play down rift reports
- Beckham yet to decide on future
- Priest sets Barca minds at rest on Guardiola contract