ROTTERDAM (Reuters) – Groningen have sacked coach Pieter Huistra after a disappointing season in which they finished 14th in the Dutch standings, the club said on Thursday.
The 45-year old Huistra started his coaching career in the Ajax youth department before joining Groningen in 2010 and they finished fifth in his first season.
They started this season brightly but collapsed after the winter break, losing 12 of their last 17 matches.
- Villarreal sack coach Molina after only three months
- Bottom club Freiburg sack coach Sorg
- Dinamo Zagreb sack coach after Champions League fiasco
- South Korea sack head coach Cho after Lebanon shock
- Romanian leaders sack coach after 5-0 loss