- By FARIK ZOLKEPLI -
KUALA TERENGGANU: The Turtles have been told to get out of their shells and play with more vigour after the disappointing draw against Sarawak at home on Tuesday.
Though commending them for coming back twice from behind to salvage a 2-2 draw, caretaker coach Khalid Dahlan said the midfielders and strikers must get their act together.
“We gave Sarawak too much space and we paid for it. We were exposed in midfield while our strikers failed to convert multiple chances,” he said.
Khalid said they were lucky to get a point as Sarawak were menacing and always threatening to score.
“There will be some changes for our AFC Cup match against Kelantan on May 23,” he said.
“We must improve to have any chance of progressing beyond the one-match knockout round.”
Khalid expressed his confidence that new coach Peter Butler would work his magic to improve Terengganu’s fortunes this season.
- Don’t act like superstars, Terengganu MB tells Turtles
- Turtles’ imports make an early impression
- New Turtles coach Mat Zan targets treble next season
- Terengganu coach Mat Zan quits amidst mounting pressure
- Coach Mat Zan not disheartened by Turtles’ big defeat