LONDON: Stoke City winger Jermaine Pennant (pic) on Tuesday received a suspended jail sentence and a three-year driving ban after he admitted drink-driving.
Pennant, who was given an eight-week jail sentence, suspended for a year, was more than twice the limit when he got behind the wheel of his BMW to drive back from Manchester in the early hours of April 29, Trafford Magistrates’ Court heard.
The 29-year-old was “depressed and stressed” after months of turmoil in his private life and suffering taunts while in a nightclub, it was claimed.
This is his third drink-drive conviction in eight years. — Agencies
- Stoke’s Jermaine Pennant arrested over assault
- Suspended sentence for Romanian hooligan
- Ex-England star Merson banned for drink-driving
- Former Juve manager gets jail sentence over match-fixing
- 11 Negri President Cuppers and coach suspended