PETALING JAYA: Team Street Vipers clinched Australia’s first ever Tiger Street Football title at the Overseas Passenger Terminal in Circular Quay, Sydney, yesterday.
Street Vipers beat Unexpected 3-2 after extra time in the final.
The teams were tied 2-2 in regulation time of the five-a-side game.
As the winners of the Australian tournament, Street Vipers will be whisked off on an all expenses paid trip to Kuala Lumpur to play against Tiger Street Football’s Asian winning teams from Aug 25-26.
The tournament will be broadcast live on ESPN with the teams playing for a slice of the US$13,000 prize money.
China will be the next stop for Tiger Street Football on July 7-8.
- Former Holland star Davids busy promoting street football
- Porto clinch league title as Benfica draw
- Montpellier clinch maiden title as season ends in chaos
- San Lorenzo coach in televised street spat
- Real clinch 32nd La Liga title in Bilbao