PETALING JAYA: SMK Mergong of Kedah are in the quarter-finals of the 100Plus Super Cup Champions schools football competition.
They finished as Group B champions after defeating SMK Tunku Durah of Negri Sembilan 2-1 and SMK Seri Gading of Johor 2-0.
SMK Mergong will face former champions SMK Anderson Perak (Group A winners) in the quarter-finals at the Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia ground today.
Defending champions SMK Chengal of Kelantan failed to get past the group stage. SMK Anderson topped the group after holding SMK Chengal to a goalless draw and also drawing with SMK Tinggi Kajang of Selangor 2-2.
In the other quarter-finals, SMK Tinggi Kajang will take on SMK Tunku Ampuan Durah while SMK Victoria of Kuala Lumpur will play SM Sains Tuanku Syed Putra of Perlis.
The other tie is between SMK Telok Kumbar of Penang and SMK Sultan Abu Bakar of Pahang.
- SMK Guar Perahu sail out of tourney in controversial fashion
- Unfancied Guinea one point away from topping group
- SM Kulim outplay SM Kampong Chengal to lift U-17 crown
- Tunku Mahkota heads Johor FA
- Terengganu seal quarters spot after goal spree