SHAH ALAM: A Kelantan football fan died after suffering a heart attack mid-way through the Malaysia Cup semi-final at the Shah Alam Stadium.
Suharto Abdullah, 45, collapsed in the 63rd minute of the match on Friday and was rushed to a private hospital. He was pronounced dead on arrival at 10.50pm.
His friend Nik Mohd Eppendi Nik Yaacob, 46, was with him during the match in which Kelantan beat Selangor 2-0.
“He suddenly collapsed in the second half of the game, around the 63rd minute.
Nik Mohd Eppendi said he had flown into town with Suharto on Friday afternoon to catch the match and everyone was in high spirits.
Suharto’s remains were brought back to Kampung Teluk Kawah, Pasir Mas, and buried yesterday.
- Spanish coach Preciado dies of heart-attack aged 54 (update)
- Kelantan a step closer to retaining Super League crown
- Negri Sembilan emerge Malaysia Cup champs
- Ex-England striker Francis recovering after heart attack
- Kelantan stay on course for historic treble