BERLIN (Reuters) – Hanover 96 striker Mohammed Abdellaoue returned to training on Monday after a back injury ruled the Norway international out of his country’s 2014 World Cup qualifiers against Switzerland last Friday and Cyprus this Tuesday.
"Welcome back. We are happy to have Moa Abdellaoue back in team training," the club said in a tweet.
The striker, who had been nursing a back injury for the past week, had ruled himself out of the internationals saying he needed medical treatment.
Norway, third in their World Cup Group E on four points from three games, drew 1-1 in Switzerland and travel to Cyprus on Tuesday.
(Reporting by Karolos Grohmann, editing by Mark Meadows)
- Iceland stun neighbours Norway
- Hanover end winless streak with win over Nuremberg
- United flop Diouf off to Hanover
- Three more arrests in Norway’s match-fixing probe
- Fabregas back in training for Spain