By FARIK ZOLKEPLI
Peter Butler, who will also be officially appointed T-Team coach and manager on the same day, confirmed that the 37-year-old player arrived here yesterday.
“He’ll sign the contract on Sunday (tomorrow) … same as me. He is very enthusiastic about playing for the team. He already likes it here,” said Butler.
Boateng will leave for Britain to settle personal matters after signing the contract.
“He’ll be back in two weeks,” said Butler, who revealed that T-Team are having difficulties trying to sign former Arsenal striker Luis Boa Morte, who is currently playing for League Two side Chesterfield.
The 35-year-old Portuguese striker had earlier played for Southampton, West Ham and Fulham.
“Boa Morte is currently under contract with Chesterfield until December, so that makes it hard for us to sign him. But we have a back-up plan,” he said.
On former Turtles skipper Marzuki Yusof and defender Maslizam Mohamed joining T-Team, Butler said he will assess their fitness today.
“I’m confident that the T-Team will be a strong side. Things are shaping up fine,” he said.
- Butler to join T-Team after his release from Terengganu
- Former Hammer Butler leaves Terengganu, lines up new team
- Ex-Dutch international Davids goes from Barca to Barnet
- Beckerman getting international chance with US team
- Butler and Terengganu FA settle long-running saga amicably