PETALING JAYA: Striker Risman Tahir gave Frenz United Indonesia the perfect New Year gift as his last gasp winner gave his side a 2-1 win over Chonburi FC in a Group B tie at the Shah Alam Stadium last night.
Chonburi FC striker Kritthanaphong Paida drew first blood in the 15th minute easily slotting home in a one-to-one situation but Abdul Ali equalised four minutes before half time.
The win was the apt response from the Indonesian side who suffered a 2-0 defeat in their opening game to Slovakia last Saturday.
Frenz United Indonesia coach John Arwandi, who assembled the team six weeks before the competition, confessed the better team did not win.
“To be fair, Chonburi FC controlled the game and we were chasing shadows,” said John.
- Kogileswaran leads Malaysia into semis
- Chance for Balachandran to test U-15 squad
- Slovakia begin quest with easy win over Indonesia
- Indonesian firm buys full stake in Brisbane Roar
- Indonesian FA blame rebel league for death of Paraguayan