PARIS (Reuters) – Olympique Marseille forward Morgan Amalfitano has been ruled out of Sunday’s French Cup last 64 home tie against second-tier Guingamp with a knee injury, coach Elie Baup said on Friday.
Amalfitano has added his name to a list of missing players with centre back Nicolas Nkoulou, right back Rod Fanni and forward Jordan Ayew all suspended for the game against the 2009 winners.
Record 10-times winners Marseille were already without midfielder Andre Ayew, who has suffered a minor foot problem.
The Ghanaian is to join his national team to prepare for this month’s African Nations Cup as will Algerian recruit Foued Kadir, signed this week from Valenciennes.
(Writing by Gregory Blachier; Editing by Alan Baldwin)
- Borini injury adds to Liverpool’s striking woes
- Keane adds to Irish injury woes for Germany qualifier
- Keane adds to Irish injury woes for Germany game
- Ayew brothers lift Marseille up to seventh
- Marseille slips to 4th straight league defeat