LONDON (Reuters) – Goals from Michu and Danny Graham gave Swansea City a 2-0 win at Chelsea in their Capital One (League) Cup semi-final first leg on Wednesday.
Michu netted his 16th goal of the season to put Swansea ahead against the run of play in the 39th minute and Graham added a second in the 90th.
Chelsea signing Demba Ba came on for his home debut as a second-half substitute and had a penalty appeal turned down and a goal disallowed for offside late on.
The second leg is at Swansea on January 23.
(Writing by Alison Wildey; Editing by John Mehaffey)
- Swansea upset Man City 1-0
- Everton upset by Leeds, Chelsea trounce Wolves
- Mackie earns QPR a 1-1 draw at Swansea
- Late goals give Wolves 2-2 draw with Swansea
- Swansea and Arsenal battle to 2-2 FA Cup draw