MANCHESTER, United Kingdom: Manchester United issued a plea to supporters who may have seen missing Indian teenager Souvik Pal to contact local police ahead of their match against Liverpool on Sunday.
Fans making their way to Old Trafford for the Premier League fixture between the north-west rivals were handed flyers concerning Pal, who worked part-time for United, by campaigners and inside the ground itself the stadium announcer urged supporters with any information to contact Manchester Police.
Pal was last seen on New Year’s Eve at Manchester’s Warehouse project dance venue in the early hours.
The Bangalore teenager, who studies at Manchester Metropolitan University, was reported missing on Tuesday, January 1 by his flatmates.
Aside from his studies, the 18-year-old Pal had worked on a casual basis serving drinks on matchdays at Old Trafford, most recently for the game against West Bromwich Albion on December 29. -AFP
- United fans snub Fergie plea with Liverpool taunts
- United fever in South Africa despite missing stars
- West Ham to issue life bans for anti-Semitic chanting
- Missing out on Van Persie has hurt City, says Mancini
- Rooney scores twice as United down West Brom 2-0