PETALING JAYA: Fans of the Barclays Premier League (BPL) will have more to cheer to from next season.
It is learnt that Carlsberg has signed a three-year deal with the Premier League to be the official beer of the league, starting from the 2013/14 season up to the 2015/16 season.
Sources said this will mean more events for Malaysian fans of the BPL and more prizes to be won, possibly even open-ended tickets where fans get to choose the games they want to watch.
Carlsberg is the official beer of Liverpool and Arsenal and the deal now means Carlsberg will be the official beer for all clubs in the top flight of English football.
Terms were not disclosed but Carlsberg feels the beer partnership deal with the BPL will help in growing the brand on a global scale.
The BPL is one of the best followed, if not most, football league in the world as it is watched by more than four billion people. It has a huge following in Asia.
- Bale signs new four-year deal at Spurs
- Beckham signs new two-year deal with Galaxy
- Beckham signs new 2-year deal with LA Galaxy
- Man City playmaker Silva signs new five-year deal
- Cleverley signs four-year deal to stay at Man United