MILAN: Juventus have signed French striker Nicolas Anelka from Shanghai Shenhua on a five-month rolling contract, according to club president Beppe Moratta.
The former France international, 33, becomes the Serie A champions’ second big-name signing in a week after the capture of Spain international Fernando Llorente, who will join the club on July 1.
Moratta said: “We needed some extra firepower up front. It’s a short-term deal. We have tied Anelka to a five-month deal.”
Juventus host Genoa in Saturday’s late match where they will be hoping to extend their lead over second-placed Napoli to eight points. -AFP
- Anelka joins Juventus on five-month deal
- Hitzlsperger joins Everton on short-term deal
- Ronaldinho signs short-term deal with Atletico Mineiro
- Coquelin signs long-term Arsenal deal
- Shanghai owner fields himself alongside Anelka