PETALING JAYA: David Beckham will be training with Arsenal while he ponders his next move, UK paper The Sun reported Tuesday.
Free agent Beckham reached a top-secret deal to train with the Gunners from Tuesday while deciding his future, and is determined to prove he can still play at the highest level.
According to The Sun, an Arsenal insider said: “Beckham wanted this all kept hush-hush. You have to wonder why?”
Beckham returned to England with no ties after his contract with MLS champs LA Galaxy expired.
The Sun claimed that there had been rumours the midfielder could join French giants Paris Saint-Germain or Italians AC Milan where he had two previous loan spells.
Premier League clubs QPR and West Ham also showed interest in signing him earlier this season.
- Beckham deal with PSG not yet done
- LA Galaxy wins in Beckham’s possible farewell
- Club source: Beckham not going to PSG
- Beckham goes beyond sport says PSG president
- Beckham signs new two-year deal with Galaxy