LONDON: Manchester United midfielder Paul Scholes has had his top-of-the-range 4×4 stolen from outside his house, as he defrosted the windscreen with the engine running, police said on Tuesday.
The grey Chevrolet Captiva was taken from the driveway in Oldham, northwest England, just before 8:00 am (0700 GMT) on Monday, Greater Manchester Police said in a statement.
Media reports said the former England player had gone back inside his house while the engine was melting ice on the vehicle, which retails from 22,905 pounds ($,36,000 27,000 euros) in Britain, and returned to find it gone.
Scholes, 38, has spent his entire career at Old Trafford, where Chevrolet is a sponsor, and made more than 700 appearances for the club, as well as 66 for England. – AFP
- Scholes to play on another season
- Return of Scholes fails to lift gloom at United
- Scholes comes out of retirement for Man United
- Scholes can go on for two more years, says Neville
- Scholes says he made comeback because he misses the game