BERLIN (Reuters) – VfB Stuttgart have signed a two-year contract extension with coach Bruno Labbadia to 2015 and sealed long-term deals with five players in the winter break, the Bundesliga club said on Wednesday.
Labbadia, the 46-year-old former Bayern Munich striker, took over in December 2010 after spells at Bayer Leverkusen and Hamburg SV.
"Since we started we have been going down this intense road without any compromise and we still have some way to go," Labbadia said in a club statement. "We want to create a team that is fun and excites."
Stuttgart, who lost 2-0 to Bayern Munich last week, are in 11th place in the Bundesliga and still in the Europa League.
The 2007 Bundesliga champions signed striker Federico Macheda on loan from Manchester United last week.
(Reporting by Karolos Grohmann, editing by Ed Osmond)
- Bayern win in Stuttgart to extend lead, set record
- Stuttgart beats Hoffenheim 2-1 in Bundesliga
- Stuttgart captain Tasci out for season
- Gladbach extend keeper Ter Stegen’s deal to 2015
- Stuttgart sign Manchester United’s Macheda on loan