MADRID (Reuters) – Malaga have signed Chile midfielder Pedro Morales until the end of the season with the option of extending his stay further, the Spanish club said in a statement on Thursday.
The 27-year-old, who arrives on a free transfer after leaving Chilean club O’Higgins, replaces Argentine Diego Buonanotte who was sold earlier in the day to La Liga rivals Granada.
Qatar-owned Malaga, who meet Porto in the last 16 of the Champions League next month, have an option to extend Morales’s contract for a further two seasons.
Before returning to Chile, Morales spent four seasons with Croatian club Dinamo Zagreb and played in the Europa League and the Champions League.
He made his Chile debut in 2008 and has 14 caps.
(Reporting by Iain Rogers, editing by Tony Jimenez)
- Malaga land U.S. defender Onyewu on loan
- Arsenal confirm signing of Malaga midfielder Cazorla
- Klinsmann turns to Morales as latest recruit from Germany
- Malaga land US defender Onyewu on loan
- Chile to host 2015 Copa America