BERLIN (Reuters) – Germany holding midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger has been ruled out of Wednesday’s friendly game against France in Paris after being injured on Saturday, the German football association (DFB) said on Sunday.
Schweinsteiger, who has won 97 caps, picked up an ankle injury in the second half of Bayern Munich’s 3-0 win over Mainz 05.
Coach Joachim Loew will not nominate a replacement, it said in a statement.
(Reporting by Karolos Grohmann, editing by Pritha Sarkar)
- Bayern signs Schweinsteiger’s brother for 2nd team
- Schweinsteiger set for bench in Bayern’s opener
- Schalke’s Holtby moves to Tottenham ahead of time
- Bayern midfielder Schweinsteiger still injured
- Ambitious Lucas wants to become world’s best with PSG