MILAN (Reuters) – Mario Balotelli scored 25 minutes into his AC Milan debut on Sunday, three days after completing his move from English champions Manchester City.
Balotelli was included in the starting line-up at the last minute after Giampaolo Pazzini pulled out during the warm-up.
The maverick striker opened his account by turning the ball in from six metres in the Serie A game against Udinese after Stephan El Shaaraway’s cross from the left was deflected to his feet.
He nearly added another two minutes later with a dipping shot which was turned over by the bar by Udinese goalkeeper Daniele Padelli.
(Reporting by Brian Homewood, editing by Justin Palmer)
- Balotelli settles scores on Milan unveiling
- Balotelli move to AC Milan complete, say Manchester City
- City’s Balotelli set to join Milan
- AC Milan and Juve in talks for Balotelli – sources
- Balotelli signing to force AC Milan reshuffle