PRAGUE: Chelsea goalkeeper Petr Cech was named Czech Republic player for 2012 on Monday winning the award for the sixth time.
The 30-year-old 98-times capped goalkeeper – who won the Champions League last season in a penalty shootout win over Bayern Munich – beat Bundesliga duo, Werder Bremen defender Theo Gebre Selassie and Hamburg midfielder Petr Jiracek. -AFP
- Cech ties Czech record by scooping fifth award
- Hamburg win for first time under Fink
- Van der Vaart cannot rescue Hamburg alone, says coach
- Kagawa wins inaugural AFC Player-of-the-Year award
- Soccer-Kagawa wins inaugural AFC Player-of-the-Year award