KIEV (Reuters) – Brazilian defender Ismaily joined Shakhtar Donetsk from Portuguese side Braga for a fee of four million euros (3.46 million pounds) on Thursday, the Ukraine side said on their website.
The 23-year-old left back joins a large contingent of Brazilians at the club and watched from the stands as his new side drew 2-2 against Borussia Dortmund in their Champions League last 16 first leg tie on Wednesday.
"I heard a lot about Shakhtar in Brazil. I knew there are a lot of Brazilian players in the team. I think it will be quite easy to get adjusted here since I am already used to European football," Ismaily said.
(Writing by Igor Nitsak, editing by Justin Palmer)
- Liverpool complete deal for Brazilian Coutinho
- Swiss supreme court rules FIFA ban threat unlawful
- PSG signs Brazilian defender Maxwell from Barca
- Inter Milan signs Brazilian youngster Juan
- Turtles secure Brazilian and Nigerian for new season