MILAN (Reuters) – A football matchfixing suspect coming from Singapore was detained at Milan airport on Thursday, two judicial sources told Reuters.
"Admir Suljic, who arrived today at Milan’s Malpensa airport from Singapore on the 6 am flight, has been detained by Italian police," said one source. A second source confirmed Suljic had been arrested.
(This story corrects the spelling of suspect’s surname to Suljic from Sulic)
(Reporting by Francesca Landini and Emilio Parodi; Editing by Pravin Char)
- Matchfixing suspect on way to Milan – INTERPOL
- Ex-Croatian midfielder Pralija detained
- Russia wants quick release of detained fans
- AC Milan and Juve in talks for Balotelli – sources
- Player detained after punching referee in Brazil