ATHENS, Greece: The Greek football federation announced Friday a restructuring of the top leagues starting next season with the Super League expanding from 16 to 18 teams.
At the end of this season two teams from the Super League will be relegated to the second division Football League and four will be promoted to the top flight.
The Football League will from next season consist of two groups (north and south) with 14 teams in each and the third division, Football League 2, will be merged with the regional amateur leagues consisting of six groups of 16 teams each. – AFP
- Cash-strapped Greek clubs to go on strike
- Kedah and Pahang square off for ticket to top flight
- Greek league will be suspended next week
- Deportivo mark return to top flight with a win
- Greek federation issues strong rebuke at "burden" claims