PETALING JAYA: Down-on-their luck Selangor opened their AFC Cup campaign with a 1-0 loss to Kingfisher East Bengal FC in a Group H match at the Yuba Bharati Krirangan Stadium in Kolkata yesterday.
Lalrindika Ralte was the hero for the Indian club when he netted the winner in the 42nd minute.
The Red Giants started without Lebanese defender Ramez Dayoub, who has been handed a life ban by the Lebanon FA for alleged match-fixing.
Selangor will host S-League champions Tampines Rovers in their next game at the Shah Alam Stadium on March 13.
- Mbele believes Red Giants ready to flex their muscles in the MSL
- Red Giants forced to cancel friendly
- AFC Cup – Red Giants to hire two more foreigners
- Selangor hope to solve striking woes
- Selangor’s Dayoub out in the cold