ROME (Reuters) – Inter Milan manager Andrea Stramaccioni has dropped striker Antonio Cassano for Sunday’s Serie A match against Catania after a training ground row.
Local media reported that Cassano was suspended by the club after the pair nearly came to blows on Friday.
"What happened could happen in any changing room in Serie A," Stramaccioni told a news conference on Saturday.
"There wasn’t any physical contact, only a discussion, just as there has been in the past.
Stramaccioni said Cassano would return to training on Monday and would be in the squad for Thursday’s Europa League match against English Premier League side Tottenham.
(Reporting by Terry Daley; Editing by John Mehaffey)
- Milan, Inter set to swap Cassano and Pazzini
- Stramaccioni hopeful Sneijder will stay at Inter
- Inter welcome back Samuel and Ranocchia for Cagliari game
- Sneijder left out of Inter squad to face Napoli
- Cassano on target for Inter, Maicosuel redeems himself