COPENHAGEN (Reuters) – Danish striker Nicklas Bendtner has been fined 97,000 pounds and had his driving licence suspended for three years after admitting to drink driving, a Copenhagen court heard on Tuesday.
Bendtner, on a season-long loan to Juventus from Arsenal, was stopped by police after driving against the traffic in downtown Copenhagen late on Saturday. He admitted to having been three times over the legal alcohol limit in Denmark.
The 25-year-old was asked by the Danish FA on Monday to take six months off from national team duty to reflect on his behaviour.
(Reporting by Johan Ahlander, editing by Mark Meadows)
- Bendtner banned, fined 100,000 euros for pants stunt
- Bendtner ban upheld by UEFA
- Denmark’s Bendtner could follow Arshavin to Russia
- Bendtner could face sanction over ambush marketing
- Juventus complete Bendtner loan deal