KUALA LUMPUR: Spanish football giants and four-time Champions League winners Barcelona have confirmed their maiden trip to Malaysia on Aug 10.
According to the club’s official website www.fcbarcelona.com, Barcelona will be here after playing in Shanghai (China) on Aug 4 and Bangkok (Thailand) three days later, in their Asian Tour.
The Star had, last Thursday, reported that Barcelona would be here as part of their Asian Tour.
Barcelona president Sandro Rosell told a press conference at the club’s headquarters on Monday that the club would play three exhibition matches in the Asian region as part of their preparation for next season.
The club, with an array of star-studded players, including World Player of the Year Lionel Messi, are leading the La Liga with 68 points after 26 matches.
- Milan left dwelling on past ahead of Barca visit
- Messi thwarted as Valencia hold Barca in Cup
- Cardiff Dragons could breath fire in Premier League
- Villa back in Barca friendly win
- Breath of fresh young air blows through Argentine league