LONDON (Reuters) – Holders Chelsea and Manchester United will replay their FA Cup quarter-final at Stamford Bridge on April 1, the Football Association said in a statement on Wednesday.
The match, on the Easter Monday holiday, will kick off at 12.30 local.
Chelsea came from two goals down to draw 2-2 with the Premier League leaders at Old Trafford last Sunday. The winners will play Manchester City in the semi-finals.
The replay has imposed a busy schedule on the West Londoners, who said a league match scheduled at Southampton on March 31 would now be played on March 30 instead.
The European champions are also still in the Europa League and have a last 16 second leg at home against Steaua Bucharest on Thursday that could lead to a quarter-final first leg on April 4.
(Reporting by Alan Baldwin, editing by Mark Meadows)
- Chelsea fight back to earn replay with Man United
- Man City await holders Chelsea or United
- Chelsea stroll in replay, Aguero double lifts City
- FA Cup holders Chelsea on collision course with United
- Bin Hammam gets April court date to fight FIFA ban