LONDON (Reuters) – Midfielder Frank Lampard scored his 200th goal for Chelsea to give them the lead against his former club West Ham United in the Premier League at Stamford Bridge on Sunday.
The goal came 19 minutes into the match when he turned in a cross from Eden Hazard.
England international Lampard, 34, moved to within two goals of Bobby Tambling’s all-time club record of 202 set in the 1960s and 1970s.
Lampard scored his first career goal in the 1995-96 season when as a teenager on loan at Swansea City from West Ham.
(Reporting by Mike Collett, editing by Justin Palmer)
- Lampard reaches 150 Premier League goals in Chelsea draw
- Chelsea’s Lampard doubtful for Man United match
- Lampard scores 199th goal for Chelsea in Cup romp
- Lampard and Bertrand ruled out of Poland clash
- Lampard wants to stay at the Bridge